Date(s) - 06/09/2014
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Categories No Categories
No one wants to believe that something as horrible as child sexual abuse can happen in their own family, neighbourhood, or youth-serving organization. And yet the statistics show us otherwise. It is a FACT. Child sexual abuse crosses all socio-economic, religious and ethno-cultural boundaries and in most cases, children are sexually abused by people known and trusted by the child.
Child sexual abuse is likely the most prevalent health problem children face, with the most serious array of consequences.
Child sexual abuse is an adult issue.
As adults, we are solely responsible for the safety of children. It’s important to teach children how to recognize and avoid risky situations, but it’s unrealistic to think that a child can fend off sexual advances by an adult. Fortunately, we can protect them – by insisting on prevention policies in our youth serving organizations, by recognizing signs of sexual abuse, and by confronting and stopping abuse if it occurs.
What is Stewards of Children?
- A program that addresses child sexual abuse in the context of today’s issues.
- A program that features a combination of survivor stories, expert advice, and practical guidance.
- A program that shows you how a simple, 5-step approach can protect the children you love from sexual abuse.
What will I learn from taking Stewards of Children?
- You’ll learn The 5 Steps to Protecting our ChildrenTM, and how they can be applied to keep kids safe.
- You’ll learn how a few simple actions can have far-reaching positive effects.
- You’ll leave with the understanding that child sexual abuse can be prevented, it can be stopped, and it can be overcome
How is the Program Delivered?
Stewards of Children is delivered by authorized volunteer facilitators and takes about 2 hours. At the end of your training, you will leave with your own personal plan to protect every child you know.
How Do I Get Started?
We list public training in our event calendar and most are delivered in the Ottawa area. Arrangements can be made to have us travel to you and we have delivered training all over Ontario as well as Iqaluit, NU and Saint Johns, NB.Check out our page on hosting & booking workshops and then get in touch with us. Together we will find a way to make it happen.